- Responsibility for all aspects of the development, management, marketing and presentation of events and exhibits at annual Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo as well as other related events held throughout the year.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive budget of $2.5 million.
- Manage 500 plus volunteers on 25 plus committees. Work closely with committee leadership to develop plans and programing for the Fair & Rodeo.
- Oversee Pre-Sale Campaign Program for committeemen.
- Collaborate with operations department to ensure proper set-up and operation needs for the annual Fair & Rodeo as well as other Fair related events help throughout the year.
- Coordinate with marketing department staff members to guarantee proper execution of marketing and advertising of the annual Fair & Rodeo. Also assist in the development of a comprehensive year around marketing plan to expand opportunities on a state, regional and national basis.
- Work closely with sponsorship department to develop, sell and fulfill current and new sponsorship opportunities.
- Work closely with competitive events department to ensure proper execution of the livestock show, reining horse shows, creative arts, academic rodeo and other competitive events.
- Develop new events and shows for future expansion of the Fair & Rodeo.
- Develop relationships with institutions of higher learning to develop an internship program during Fair & Rodeo activities.
- Act as liaison between public especially sponsors, volunteers and directors for Fair & Rodeo.
- Develop a media plan to emphasis exposure in local, state, regional and national print, and TV and radio outlets.
- Work with local groups and associations (Hotel/Motel Association, Chamber of Commerce, Visitor Bureau, etc.) to promote Fair & Rodeo and year around activities.
- Travel to industry conferences, other shows, meetings, etc. to promote show and garner information.
- Manage Fair staff consisting of Director of Fair Events, Competitive Events Manager and Fair Interns. Others may be assigned.
- Work with 500 plus volunteers serving on 25 committees to coordinate meetings, functions and activities as set forth by the Volunteer Management Program.
- Assist committee in preparing for annual Fair & Rodeo.
- Attend various committee meetings as staff representative.
- Prepare reporting documents in summary form for executive committee’s review.
- Coordinate with Volunteer Management Oversight Committee and President/CEO.
- Supervise part-time and temporary staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
To successfully complete this job, the following skills are necessary:
- Outstanding knowledge and experience in event marketing and management.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of agriculture and fair industry including but not limited to marketing, livestock and equine.
- Ability to develop long-term relationships with sponsors and partners.
- Ability to work independently, make independent judgments and solve problems.
- Excellent PC skills with knowledge of all Microsoft applications.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills, both written and verbal.
- Capacity to organize various projects and be accountable for the completion of those projects.
- Strong aptitude to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to handle high stress environments where compensation is directly tied to performance.
- Capability of speaking to large groups and conducting facility tours.
Education and/or experience
College or university bachelor’s degree in agriculture, marketing, agricultural marketing or related field and 5 years related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
Salary range: Based on education and/or experience
Medical and Dental Benefits
Employee Compensation Plan
VP Compensation Plan
Send Resume To/For More Information Contact:
Executive Assistant to the
Extraco Events Center
Home of the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo
The Extraco Events Center, Home of the Heart O’ Texas Fair & Rodeo, is an equal opportunity employer.
Sorry, there are no internships available at this time.